Just Make It

If you make stuff, life is always interesting. Art, fiber, critters, creation, reading, prayer,serenity, and insanity...this is my way. Maybe it is yours as well.

Vanity spot

My photo
I am a Compassionate Companion Of Christ. We are a tiny new order of men and women who pour themselves out in the service of others by walking with them in their difficult journeys. We companion anyone at all, anywhere, who are undergoing the suffering of illness, dying, bereavement, poverty, old age, or hunger. Our job is to see Christ in the suffering and to offer love, dignity, and help where possible in His name. We strive to let them know that they are children of God and that He is with them always regardless of external circumstances. How we do this is the purpose of this blog. Our symbol is the compass, the first part of the word "compassion" and the visible representation of our vocation to serve wherever and whoever we are called to serve.

Friday 29 April 2011

Wrong Again - but that s'okay.



So I was wayyyyyyyyy off on the wedding dress but isn't it great that I was wrong?  Kate looked like a dream and her homage to Princess Grace of Monaco was touching.  She brought back grace and a ladylike quality to wedding dresses.  I loved the skirt and the train, the lace, and the whole shmeer.  Maybe this will signal a return to some true style in wedding attire.  I am so very sick of the bustier dresses that I could scareeeeeeeeeeeeeeem.
 
Did you get a gander at the amazingly upright posture of Prince Phillip?  That man is going to be 90 years old in a bit.  Ninety!  The Queen is 85.  Prince Charles looks older than his dad and Camilla is a bit weatherbeaten herself although I must say it is nice to see Chuck and Camilla enjoying their marriage in their later years.  They waited a long time to marry the 'one'.  Still, I will always feel badly for Princess Diana, the young and naive virginal girl who married a Crown Prince and was woefully unprepared for it all.  She gave the world a sense of style, and two beautiful boys, one of whom married his true love today.  I think she is very happy for them and is blessing their marriage.

I am an unabashed monarchist.  The beauty and majesty of these occasions are a cause for pride and celebration.  It is good to be a member of the commonwealth.  I am proud to be a royal subject.






Blessings on William and Kate, and may Harry also find his heart's desire in a stable and loving marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment